Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Almost there...

So it occurred to me today that I will be 30 in ... get this ...  3 days! Yikes!

The scariest part of turning 30 ?!?! The number of things on this little list here that I have not completed!

Oh, the shame!

Ok, no - not really. When I put the list together, I honestly thought I would be able to do it all.

But then life, as it often does, kind of got in the way of life. And then there were also other factors I failed to take into account when making up this list...

Canoeing with a 2.5 year old? And expect not to tip? Or have all our gear thrown out of the canoe by said 2.5 year old? Have you met my son? What was I thinking?!?!

So how did I really do?

1. Finish the perennial border in the backyard. Check!
 2. Organize the office. Check! 
Times two, actually. This here was the first attempt, but we have since tweaked it a bit. Photo coming on Monday :)

 3. Spend a week exploring Tobermory. Nope. 
But we did spend a week exploring and developing a serious crush on Kelowna. Did you see our photos? (If not, you can see them here, and here, and some more here, and here as well. Oh yes, and here, too)
4. Go on an overnight canoe trip with Hudson. Almost.

I went on an overnight camping trip with Hudson.



 5. Finish the upstairs bathroom. Check!

Pics? Monday...

6. Have a date night with Karl at least once a month. We kind of failed this one horribly.

There were 2-3 official dates. Life with a kid and out of town grandparents = ...... well, it = no dates for mom and dad. Which is a shame, really, because I actually really enjoy being out in public with my husband.

7. Go a month without buying a single piece of clothing, shoes or make up. Check!
This one was difficult, and I did a very bad job of keeping track of my monthly spending on those months when I did allow myself to spend. What did I do with the money instead? I lend it to a few folks here and there.
8. Take a family picture. The three of us. No sunglasses. No blinking. No silly faces. No blurs. Check!

Well...except for the whole "no silly faces" bit. Because really, this whole thing was silly.

9. Cook AND bake something new every month. Nope.


Actually, I probably did cook something new at least once a month, but I think I baked twice this entire year. I did mean to take pictures and write nice little food posts, but until recently, I was leaving home at 8 AM and coming back at 5:30 PM, screaming, starving toddler in tow. I am sure that some other mom out there could regularly turn out picture worthy culinary delights.... I am just not sure I want to be like her. 
 
10. Finish painting the living room, the kitchen and then all the trim in our house. Check!
And the pictures? You guessed it... on Monday!

So there you have it, the first 10 of my 30 things to do. Come to think of it, I think I did not bad all things considered : ).

More tomorrow!

xo,
M

No comments: