Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

10-20

11. Play hookie from work. Check!

Although, I do have to say that it was only for half the day and I really needed to run some errands. Also, on my last day I was told to leave around 12. I stayed until well past 4, just trying to make sure loose ends got tied up. Really. I am that lame.
 
12. Learn how to use our SLR camera. Ongoing 
 
I am no longer afraid to touch the darn thing, and that is a step in the right direction. I can kind of figure out the flash settings about 50% of the time but I prefer to take pictures in natural light. Mostly because I don't have to worry about flash setting :). A while back, a photographer friend of mine told me my pictures were looking better. I don't know if she still thinks so, but it meant a whole lot to me :).

13. Stay overnight in a "fancy" hotel, order room service, play tourist for the day and generally "spoil" ourselves. This was fun!

 
14. Find a pair of sunglasses I will actually like, and not loose them! Check!

I think this is officially the longest I have ever owned a pair of sunglasses (7 months). Wait, no.. there is a pair I bought about a year ago that I still own... except they have been in a drawer for the past 7 months...

But my wayfarers... Hudson and I still love them. 
 
 
15. Spend a weekend morning browsing a bookstore. Alone. At a leisurely pace. My goodness this was a fail!
 
I seem to have developed adult ADD or something, but I lasted about 25 minutes of leisurely browsing. Around minute 10 I found myself in the interior design section, and around minute 28 I was at the Home Depot. And then around minute 60 at the dry cleaners. Minute 75 at the grocery store..... 
 
16. Start swimming regularly. As in more then once a year. Oh the shame.....

17. Make a new friend. Well...
 
It turns out that being a working mom and married to a man who last year put in something like 400 overtime hours.... not so conducive to the whole social life thing. Although... I guess you can say I have been able to convert some acquaintances into friends, so that is something. And also, I hope she does not mind being mentioned (and if you do please let me know), I have developed a bit of a cyber crush on this lady here.
 
18. Potty train Hudson. Working on this one...

As a cute (or so I think) side note, we made a dash for the potty today, sat, waited... and nothing. After about two minutes Hudson looked up at me and sighed. 
"Mommy"
"Yes"
"It's stuck in my tummy"
 
19. Find a job I feel good about. This staying at home gig IS pretty sweet.

20. Go hot air ballooning. Check!
 xo, 
M

2 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

Aw, thank you so much! I don't mind you mentioning me at all! It would be nice if we met in person sometime! :)

We are still working on toilet training Lauchy and it is going very slowly (and he already over 3). He is just not interested.

You are doing an amazing job on your list. Some of the things on your list are things I want to do, too (hot air ballooning and browsing in a bookstore on my own).

Will you change the name of your blog after you turn 30?

HEY! Isn't today your birthday? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Maybe we will run into each other at the Square to Square, if you are going.

Have a wonderful day!

Tricia :)

Tricia Orchard said...

P.S. I am looking forward to seeing some of your "after" photos tomorrow!

:)