11. Play hookie from work. Check!
Although, I do have to say that it was only for half the day and I really needed to run some errands. Also, on my last day I was told to leave around 12. I stayed until well past 4, just trying to make sure loose ends got tied up. Really. I am that lame.
12. Learn how to use our SLR camera. Ongoing
I am no longer afraid to touch the darn thing, and that is a step in the right direction. I can kind of figure out the flash settings about 50% of the time but I prefer to take pictures in natural light. Mostly because I don't have to worry about flash setting :). A while back, a photographer friend of mine told me my pictures were looking better. I don't know if she still thinks so, but it meant a whole lot to me :).
13. Stay overnight in a "fancy" hotel, order room service, play tourist for the day and generally "spoil" ourselves. This was fun!
14. Find a pair of sunglasses I will actually like, and not loose them! Check!
I think this is officially the longest I have ever owned a pair of sunglasses (7 months). Wait, no.. there is a pair I bought about a year ago that I still own... except they have been in a drawer for the past 7 months...
But my wayfarers... Hudson and I still love them.
15. Spend a weekend morning browsing a bookstore. Alone. At a leisurely pace. My goodness this was a fail!
I seem to have developed adult ADD or something, but I lasted about 25 minutes of leisurely browsing. Around minute 10 I found myself in the interior design section, and around minute 28 I was at the Home Depot. And then around minute 60 at the dry cleaners. Minute 75 at the grocery store.....
16. Start swimming regularly. As in more then once a year. Oh the shame.....
17. Make a new friend. Well...
It turns out that being a working mom and married to a man who last year put in something like 400 overtime hours.... not so conducive to the whole social life thing. Although... I guess you can say I have been able to convert some acquaintances into friends, so that is something. And also, I hope she does not mind being mentioned (and if you do please let me know), I have developed a bit of a cyber crush on this lady here.
18. Potty train Hudson. Working on this one...
As a cute (or so I think) side note, we made a dash for the potty today, sat, waited... and nothing. After about two minutes Hudson looked up at me and sighed.
"It's stuck in my tummy"
19. Find a job I feel good about. This staying at home gig IS pretty sweet.
20. Go hot air ballooning. Check!