Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A new favourite

These!


I bought these in January, via Pretty Mommy. They are brass and sort of tarnished looking. By that I mean that they are kind of dull in appearance, elegant but in an understated kind of a way. Not at all how "gold" can sometimes be a bit too flashy.  Oh, who am I kidding -  my command of the English language could not possibly do justice to my new bling. Lets just say that I am absolutely smitten. With the earrings, and with the blog/shop they came from.

If you are so inclined, you can see other pieces from the same designer at Pretty Mommy or here.

I also bought a blazer because I have been longing after one FOREVER. And new shoes. And a skirt (which, two weeks later hangs untouched in my closet, so I am thinking about taking it back). And a new silk top. And a sweater, a necklace and a bracelet. Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff.

In my defense though :

- it was all on sale ( well, the earrings were not... but $24.00 is a small price to pay for perfection)
- the shopping grand total for January was less then what we put in either of our RRSP's each month. And less then Hudson's monthly RESP contribution, so at least my priorities are straight! I think.
- the more I spend each month, the more I will have to donate in July. Right ?!? So really, I am just trying to do some good people. I am that selfless. (I think I gagged a little as I typed those sentences).

On my February wish list? Some patterns. Maybe skirts. And a white boyfriend style dress shirt - maybe this one if it ever goes on sale. So that I can wear it like this. Oh Anthropologie... how I love thee.

(Alright, so I just realized that link does not work, and I can not seem to be able to make it work. But since you are already there, go to the bottom of the page and click on "shop the catalogue". In the February one, go to page 28. Left hand side. Minus the whole scarf in her hair thing because I could never make that work. Pretty, no?)
(PS... does anyone know how I can post those images? If so, please shoot me an email.)

I know I know, in the picture it looks kind of meh, but I just saw it at the Roots store and it looks way better in real life. Plus it has real dress up/down potential. And is super soft.

On my "in my dreams" wishlist?


via here.

Georgeous, yes? Practical.... are you kidding me? The other MOMS at the park would throw sand! (And I totally would not be able to run away fast enough)

<Sigh...>

xo,

M




.

No comments: