Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

*Old love* meets *new love*

Oh man, I do not even know where to begin this one.

Ok.. how about here, since a pair of sunglasses is on the list.

After about a million trips to the Sunglass Hut - these have emerged as a very strong contender.


In real life they are a bit darker then that.
Classic, yet at the same time trendy...It also helps that they do not make me look like a chipmunk - which so many of the other sunglasses I tried on did.

Today, I googled them, just to see if I can get a better price online, but was completely distracted because I found this little website here - coolspotters - which is where I got the picture below.



Yes! That is, in fact Natalie Portman! Sporting Wayfarers! (And getting into what I think is a Prius, for which she gets extra points as far as I am concerned!)

This discovery is actually kind of fun for me (I know... it's the little things these days), because for whatever reason Natalie Portman came up in our apres ski conversation on Friday night, and my sweet neighbour said that I sort of looked like her. Now just for the record, beer WAS being consumed, but never the less, I am totally flattered because I LOVE Natalie Portman. I have, ever since that movie where she is preggo and living in Walmart... Or possibly the Walmart parking lot - oh I do not even remember which, but you know the one I am talking about, no?

See where I am going with this? I think its safe to say that I was meant to own those shades! And considering the fact that morning and afternoon sun these days sits precisely at that spot in the horizon where driving without sunglasses has become about as safe as playing russian roulette - I think I am officially expanding revising  my February wish list.

Also:



This picture here is my new motivation for growing out my hair. And possibly inspiration for purchasing some pink lipstick. In March. Pretty, no?
 

So there you have it, an old love meets a new love, and in the process I might just be able to take a couple of items off my list. 

(and here you thought I was just rambling).

xo,

M

No comments: