Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dreaming of...

1. A time machine
2. A bank account kind of like mine, but with a few extra "0" tagged on at the end
3. A no filter, quirky sense of humour

Because then I might just be 22, have loads of designer duds and would pen a fashion blog similar to the completely hilarious one called

"The Man Repeller"
???

man·re·pell·er1[mahn-ree-peller]

–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing to the party?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants!
Girl 1: Oh, so we're man repelling tonight?
*DISCLAIMER: the above conversation is not a dramatization, took place in this room 5 minutes ago.
Origin: 2009-10; < repellius (ptp. of repellia to eliminate male attention), equiv. to L repel- (s. of repellix) unattractive, celibate, paris fashion week, M.C. Hammer + -repel -ler1

man·re·pell·ant, noun


Yes, I stole the above excerpt from here.



Some of my favourite "man repelling" looks you ask??



<> 
 <3 via  here
 
I LOVE the look of the layers here. And the plaid with the floral - be still my fashion conscious heart.
I could never pull that off, but if you want to see the layering process, go here. I would stop at that first image. After that, Hudson would be climbing out of the window or jumping off his dresser (ya, he's done both) and dress up time would be over.


Hey, I found something this chickie and I have in common. Awful Posture! See - I am one step closer to being a fashionista!
Oh but I do like the outfit.

Me Likey. This is from a line called OAK which I have never heard of before today. I am glad we were finally introduced.

In.a.heart.beat.




Wheeeew.

That was fun. Now back to reality....

Happy Wednesday!

xo,
M

P.S. As a side note, I happen to own and LOVE a pair of harem pants like the black ones above. And I sport them from time to time when we wonder around our smallish town, and my husband walks proudly on the other side of the street besides me.

We did once see another woman in a similarly fashionable get up walking down King street. She was carrying a blank canvas, and Karl was like - "yes, but she is obviously an artist". That's the closest my husband has ever come to commenting on my wardrobe choices. The man is a gem!






No comments: