Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Being Patient Pays Off. Finally.

When we moved into our home 3 years ago we decided that, whenever possible our furniture would be second hand.

When we considered the environment, quality, aesthetic, and our pocket book - second hand really was the only way to go.

Unfortunately, this also meant that it was almost 2 years before we could seat more then just the two of us in the living room. Our night stands still clash in colour and style. Guest room furniture consists of - a bed.

Oh, and did I mention that I am also kind of picky?!?!

For months now, I have been trying to find a bench/table/something to go in between these two chairs. (Incidentally, before these two beauties made it to our living room, they used to be violet, crushed velvet and spend the first 50 years of their life with the very nice lady who used to live across the street. And her cat. Which probably explains why the nice old ladies equally nice daughter-in-law was rather delighted to part with them who summers ago. $60.00 for the pair)



 I am happy to let you all know (because I know you all were just DYING to know) that as of Saturday night, this little nook of my home looks a bit more like this.....


Want to see the detail? Sure you do....



 Pretty fancy, no? I found this little baby on Locke street in Hamilton. It had a little yellow sticky note on it. My heart sunk, because I thought that meant it was already sold (you know, like the red dot system at a gallery). Turns out, the sticky meant it was supposed to go to the Antiques Road Show, but they forgot to load it on the truck. Score!

Even the dinosaurs we got on our trip to the ROM love it :)




xo,
M

No comments: